Frequently Asked QuestionsFind the right SIM for your device
There are 3 types of SIM cards that all differ in size. These SIMs are known as:
If you’re unsure which SIM size your device needs, you can:
- Read your device manual this should include advice on the correct SIM needed
- Read the info below on SIM sizes
This is the original SIM size and is mainly used in older phones and devices.
Example of devices using the standard SIM:
- Apple- iPhone 3GS
- Samsung - Galaxy SII, Note
- Nokia - 300, 301
- HTC - Desire HD
Micro SIMs are a smaller size. These are mainly used in smartphones.
If you're using a recent smartphone and it doesn't take a micro SIM, you might need a Nano SIM.
Examples of micro SIM devices:
- Apple - iPhone 4/4S
- Apple iPad Retina Display
- Sony - Xperia S, T, X, Z
- HTC - One, One X, One SV, 8X
- Nokia - N9, Lumia 720/820
- Samsung - Galaxy Express, SIII, S4, Note II
Used with the latest Apple devices, this is the smallest size out of the three.
Examples of Nano SIM devices:
- Apple - iPhone 5, 5c, 5s and iPad Mini
- HTC - One (M8) HTC Desire 610
Multi and Combi SIMs
Multi SIM - This is the latest type of SIM card, which holds all three formats (standard, micro and Nano) in one.
Combi SIM - This SIM card can hold either a standard SIM or a micro SIM.
Problems with your SIM
If your SIM is not working, or if you need another size, Please contact Rubyhall Solutions Ltd.
Here's a tip though - before ordering a new one, try turning your device off and on again and check that the sim is inserted properly into your device.
You first bill will cover the cost of your plan and any services you may use such as:
- your monthly plan charge – the cost of your plan. This is charged one month in advance from the date you connect to the network.
- add-ons - such as international minutes or picture messages if you choose to add them
This is the day your bill is produced. It's also the same date your plan’s allowances refresh.
Calling or Going Abroad
If you want to use your handset overseas, there are two things you need to bear in mind:
You must have your phone set to "International roaming". You need to contact Rubyhall or your mobile phone network provider to ensure that this service is enabled for your phone prior to travelling.
There are bundles and add ons available from all the networks to help keep the cost of roaming down, please contact Rubyhall to find out which can be added to your number.
If you have any other questions please contact us on 0333577 3007 or email email@example.com.